[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] RTP headers cleanup

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Jan 15 23:42:08 CET 2009

Hi all,

we currently have (for historical reasons) two RTP-related header files:
rtp.h and rtp_internal.h. I believe there is no reason for having the
second one, so the first patch attached to this email removes it merging
its contents in rtp.h.

The second patch splits rtp.h in three files: rtp.h (containing the few
definitions needed by both the RTP muxer and demuxer), rtpenc.h and
rtpdec.h. The split is done by introducing a new RTPMuxContext structure
for the RTP muxer (which is currently using RTPDemuxContext).

I believe these patches are a nice cleanup, but since they touch some
code that I do not maintain I'd like to have other people's opinion and
I'd like to know if everyone agrees that this is the way to go.

			Thanks,
				Luca