[FFmpeg-devel] AVFrame / AVPicture cropping function

Jesse L. Zamora xtremek2008
Thu Jan 15 22:36:06 CET 2009

Hello,

    As most of you know, I've been working on an SMV codec for
ffmpeg. I'm going to need a little help with it, though. I need to be able
to crop an AVFrame or AVPicture, because each SMV frame is actually
1-30 images tiled vertically into one jpeg. I need to be able to get each
"tile" one at a time. I've tried writing a function that does that, but it
doesn't work very well. The first 2 or 3 frames are shown correctly, but
then afterwards it starts displaying strange stuff and eventually crashes.
So, I would greatly appreciate if someone knowledgeable could help me
in writing a function one that would have a syntax such as
smv_crop_frame(AVPicture in_frame, AVPicture out_frame, int x, int y, int
width, int height) or such. If you want I can send you the code I wrote to
accomplish that task; maybe there's something wrong in my
implementation? I hope someone can help me!

Thanks,
Xtreme Kommander