[FFmpeg-devel] RTP mark bit not passed to parse_packet

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Jan 15 15:31:14 CET 2009

Hi Luca,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
> You could use "2" directly, since this is a value used
> only in ff_rdt_parse_packet(), and rdt_parse_packet(), and has nothing
> to do with an AVPacket...

Don't get me wrong, 2 is fine with me and I understand your objections
to using AVPacket.flags values. But just to be clear, we need it
defined somewhere, i.e. not just "2", we need a public place
(rtp_internal.h or so) where it says that "(#define) 2" means
"(RDT)_keyframe_bit" and "#define some_other_value" means
"(RTP/RDT)_marker_bit".

Don't forget, rdt_parse_packet() is a payload parser like
h264_handle_frame(). rtp_parse_packet() and ff_rdt_parse_packet() are
the transport parsers. We need to make sure calls from any transport
parser to any payload parser are consistent. After all, we've seen
Real servers play X-SorensonVideo over RDT when requested to do so
[1].

Ronald

[1] http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2008-September/053277.html