[FFmpeg-devel] Probable WunderRadio ffmpeg LGPL violation

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Wed Jan 14 19:57:16 CET 2009

Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:13:21PM -0500, Len Towers wrote:
>>> Um, I'd say please contact Apple directly. If it is shipped without a
>>> copy of the (L)GPL it is definitely in violation,
>> IANAL, but I've heard that these sorts of requests have to come from the
>> copyright holder.  The law makes no sense to me sometimes, so I may have
>> (probably did) misinterpret what I read. I wonder if Apple has some way of
>> handling these types of notifications?
>
> That would be a DMCA request. Which IMHO does not apply here, Apple is
> selling this, directly profiting from the sale, and thus is not protected
> by the DMCA.
> I expect that if they do not act upon your information, whether you are
> the copyright-holder or not, that would increase their legal liability.
> I would normally be in favour of contacting the original author first, but
> they aren't any easier to contact, so why make it our problem.
> I think you could use
> http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/browser/
> "Purchase(s) - problem" ; "This item sounds or looks bad"
> There are also lot of phone numbers if you do not mind that kind
> of phone discussion:
> http://www.apple.com/support/contact/phone_contacts.html
> I'd appreciate it if you could try to get into contact with them,
> I think none of us own an iPhone so it might be a bit of a pain since
> we wouldn't be able to answer any questions, though I do not have any
> experience in handling that kind of thing either...

I do own an iphone 3g and att is draining my money, I have like 1500
rollover minutes :(
Well it's only to ensure ffmpeg m4a muxer 100% compatibility ;)

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no