[FFmpeg-devel] Patch Manager (Re: Roundup being migrated)

Mike Melanson mike
Sun Feb 15 04:32:42 CET 2009

Robert Swain wrote:
> 2009/2/15 Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx>:
>> Do I have crontab privileges on mphq? (Checking... 'crontab -e' works).
>> I should be able to come up with an automated monitoring solution for
>> /incoming. I'm thinking of something along the lines of:
>>
>> * initialize database of all files in incoming/, along with their timestamps
>
> Database eh? Off-topic, but I'd like some sort of patch management

You know I'm all about the databases. Let's talk.

> system that is:
>
> - Patches pending review
> - Patches that have been reviewed but need to have issues addressed
> - Patches that have been OKed but need to be applied
>
> So that one doesn't have to trawl through the mailing list to see if
> there are OKed patches waiting to have regressions tests run and be
> applied. A link to the mailing list thread might be handy for figuring
> out a commit message and giving credit though.

I have been looking at creating some database-driven websites using any
one of a number of web frameworks in existence. This should make a good
exercise as well.

Incidentally, if anyone has any specific experiences with particular web
frameworks, let me know.

--
     -Mike Melanson