[FFmpeg-devel] lavfi state of affairs

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Thu Feb 5 20:48:08 CET 2009

On date Tuesday 2009-02-03 13:57:47 +0100, Diego Biurrun encoded:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 10:52:20AM +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> > Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> > > better drop it before the release. Otherwise user might actually use
> > > that feature...
> >
> > I don't really care my only argument is that there are users out there
> > who still uses vhook. Giving them an official release where it was last
> > supported/working could be nice.
>
> I agree with Benjamin.  I'll add a note to the release notes that
> mentions that vhook will go away immediately after the release.

(Sorry to chime in just now, I had some (dis)connettivity problems in
the last days...).

What about to drop VHOOK just after *all* its functionality is
implemented in lavfi? That would be definitively nicer towards the
users.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Fierce and Furious Merciless Puristic Elastic God