[FFmpeg-devel] Query about adding support for a new codec in FFMPEG player

Ajit Deshpande ajitsdeshpande
Tue Dec 29 18:43:23 CET 2009

Hello,
    I hope this is not the wrong forum to ask about this question.
JPEG-XR is the latest image codec. I can also be used for video compression.

What is the process to add support for this codec in the FFMPEG player?
 Does this codec have to be implemented from scratch to avoid patent issues
or can the reference software which the standard body(ISO) provide can be
used  either as it is or with some changes" ?

thank you.
-AD.