[FFmpeg-devel] Need information about stripping FFMpeg Library

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Dec 24 10:45:32 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 11:59:32AM +0530, sandeep virdi wrote:
> But there is still the issue of reading of encoded stream. I had seen in the
> code that with FFMpeg we can have several protocols to input. In my case, I
> will be having one .264 encoded frame in memory and only after this encoded
> frame is decoded, that the next encoded frame can come. So its like at any
> given time the decoder will have only one frame in memory to decode. I
> couldn't find a protocol which can handle. In-fact there is no protocol in
> FFmpeg which allows for reading input data from memory. Can you point
> me/give hint out as to how this can be achieved using existing FFMpeg
> methods.

I still don't understand what a protocol has to do with it and why
you need or want one. avcodec_decode_video2 does that kind of thing.
Either way I think this is going off-topic and maybe you should better
ask around libav-user