[FFmpeg-devel] Voting results for NGO

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Tue Dec 22 00:59:08 CET 2009

On date Tuesday 2009-12-22 00:17:15 +0100, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:04:40PM +0100, Thilo Borgmann wrote:
> [...]
> > Maybe a more clear description of the other options incl. corresponding
> > domain names and abbreviations would also be welcome for all of us to
> > decide to object for a second vote or not (no I do _not_ object by
> > saying this).
>
> If someone objects then people could suggest domains & names, every
> suggestion that contains a domain name that is free or under our control
> and a name with "foundation" in it and that is suggested by a ffmpeg devel
> and "me tooed" by a second developer would end on the vote
>
> currently
> * Foundation for Free Multimedia Technologies / ffmtech.org
> * FFmpeg Foundation / ffmpeg.org
>
> would be the only 2 from the old vote that i would support the
> others had various problems in light of above or had very few
> supporters. But of course any 2 devels could add them back
>
> Other random ideas could be (no i dont suggest them, these need discussions
> first)
>  Free Media Tech Foundation / freemediatech.org
>  Free Multimedia Technologies Foundation / freemediatech.org
>  Foundation for Free Multimedia / fffmm.org
>  Free Media Foundation / freemf.org
>  Free Media Foundation / fmediaf.org
>  Free Media Foundation / freemediaf.org
>  Free Multimedia Foundation / freemmf.org

I'm for
freemediatech.org / ffmtech.org

they're easy to speech / remember and harder to be used for fishing,
when you have acronyms that's much simpler, just add/remove some
character and nobody will notice.

Also I found somehow better Technology rather than Technologies, and I
dislike "FFmpeg Foundation" as being a too FFmpeg-centric name.

[...]

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Faithless and Faboulous Meaningless Powered EniGma