[FFmpeg-devel] Voting results for NGO

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Dec 22 00:17:15 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:04:40PM +0100, Thilo Borgmann wrote:
[...]
> Maybe a more clear description of the other options incl. corresponding
> domain names and abbreviations would also be welcome for all of us to
> decide to object for a second vote or not (no I do _not_ object by
> saying this).

If someone objects then people could suggest domains & names, every
suggestion that contains a domain name that is free or under our control
and a name with "foundation" in it and that is suggested by a ffmpeg devel
and "me tooed" by a second developer would end on the vote

currently
* Foundation for Free Multimedia Technologies / ffmtech.org
* FFmpeg Foundation / ffmpeg.org

would be the only 2 from the old vote that i would support the
others had various problems in light of above or had very few
supporters. But of course any 2 devels could add them back

Other random ideas could be (no i dont suggest them, these need discussions
first)
 Free Media Tech Foundation / freemediatech.org
 Free Mulimedia Technologies Foundation / freemediatech.org
 Foundation for Free Multimedia / fffmm.org
 Free Media Foundation / freemf.org
 Free Media Foundation / fmediaf.org
 Free Media Foundation / freemediaf.org
 Free Multimedia Foundation / freemmf.org

Besides these if you have a good idea your suggestion likely would be
on a new vote, you just need to find a second devel to support it

Note to domain squatters: we didnt pay 70$ for ffmedia.org we wont pay
you either

Rewriting code that is poorly written but fully understood is good.
Rewriting code that one doesnt understand is a sign that one is less smart
then the original author, trying to rewrite it will not make it better.