[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] please vote for our NGO name

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Dec 19 16:40:26 CET 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 04:19:58PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 03:53:53PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > Which 2 developers did suggest which name, when and where that was not
> > > considered?
> >
> > Dominik proposed "Open Multimedia Technologies Foundation".  I liked it.
>
> Iam happy to hear you did, but you havnt said so before and i cant read your
> mind. Besides the suggestion was technically too late, also people could just
> have voted for it anyway, no single person did. And no other person besides
> you supported this name either so i really do not belive it would have won.
> Also if you belive theres something wrong/ a farce/ ... or you think
> "Open Multimedia Technologies Foundation" is better, or the name should be
> finetuned, start a vote now.

Let's vote some more to solve the voting problems.  This reminds me of a
memorable quote a woman was wearing on an anti-Bush peace protest:

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

> If you raise the issue after the registration process started then its
> too late. That means you need to act before monday, ronalds plan was
> to start this process monday but we can wait if an ffmpeg developer
> raises an objection.

Move on.  Enough time has been wasted already and the net effect has had
the expected value: zero.

Diego