[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] please vote for our NGO name

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Dec 19 16:19:58 CET 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 03:53:53PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 03:29:41PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > False.
> >
> > Which 2 developers did suggest which name, when and where that was not
> > considered?
>
> Dominik proposed "Open Multimedia Technologies Foundation".  I liked it.

Iam happy to hear you did, but you havnt said so before and i cant read your
mind. Besides the suggestion was technically too late, also people could just
have voted for it anyway, no single person did. And no other person besides
you supported this name either so i really do not belive it would have won.
Also if you belive theres something wrong/ a farce/ ... or you think
"Open Multimedia Technologies Foundation" is better, or the name should be
finetuned, start a vote now. If you raise the issue after the registration
process started then its too late. That means you need to act before monday,
ronalds plan was to start this process monday but we can wait if an ffmpeg
developer raises an objection.