[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] please vote for our NGO name

Attila Kinali attila
Wed Dec 16 11:25:18 CET 2009

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 00:03:16 +0100
Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> > >The overlap between MPlayer and FFmpeg developers may not be quite as
> > >big as it used to be, but it still exists.
>
> Technically I think it's still 100% (counting commit rights).
> Which by the current rules actually would mean all MPlayer developers
> including some documenters/translators could vote on this :-)

NACK.
The repo authentifications are not shared anymore. Ie someone
who has commit rights to the MPlayer repo doesnt automatically
get commit rights to the FFmpeg repo, and vice versa.

There are currently 28 developers who are allowed to commit on both
FFmpeg and MPlayer, 40 FFmpeg only and 26 MPlayer only.

But anyways. We should not fight over the colour of our foundation,
but rather what we want to do (yes, i know that there has been
some lengthy discussion). But, keep in mind that the first thing
should be to get the foundation up and running. You can always
fight later whether you want to have a more FFmpeg centric agenda
or not. And don't forget that the agenda is defined by those who
do something and not by those who talk about it.

			Attila Kinali

--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.
If you want to walk far, walk together.