[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] please vote for our NGO name

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Mon Dec 14 17:23:15 CET 2009

Hi all,

we can't agree on a name for our fancy new non-profit org, so we want
YOU to help us choose a name. Voting is open to all developers /
contributors with an SVN account at svn.ffmpeg.org.

You can choose between the following names:
* Free Multimedia Tech / freemediatech.org
* FFMTech (Foundation for Free Multimedia Technologies)
* FFmedia (Foundation for Free MultimEDIA)
* OMF (Open Multimedia Foundation)
* FFm.org (Foundation for Free Multimedia)
* FFmpeg Foundation
* FFMF (Fast Forward Multimedia Foundation)

You vote by replying to this email (publically, to ffmpeg-devel),
stating your order of preference. E.g., a voter could choose:
1 foo
2 bar
3 blub
which implies the voter prefers foo over bar, and bar over blub. You
can vote for any number of preferences, so your vote does not need to
consist of exactly 3 preferences, you may also specify 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
or 7.

I will add up all votes by assigning points - your highest vote will
receive 6 points, 5 points for the next, 4 points for number 3, and so
on. If your vote specifies less than 6 preferences, your other points
are considered forfeited. Whichever choice received most points by
adding up votes from all voters is the winner. The winning choice will
be the name of our non-profit organization.

Voting will last until this week's friday (December 18th, 2009),
11:59PM EST (GMT-5), and I will announce the results + winner soon
after that, probably saturday. You can confirm the results by adding
up all votes yourself, since voting is public.

Have fun!
Ronald