[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] please vote for our NGO name

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Dec 14 18:21:57 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:23:15AM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
[...]
> I will add up all votes by assigning points - your highest vote will
> receive 6 points, 5 points for the next, 4 points for number 3, and so
> on. If your vote specifies less than 6 preferences, your other points
> are considered forfeited. Whichever choice received most points by
> adding up votes from all voters is the winner. The winning choice will
> be the name of our non-profit organization.

Could we please use a proper voting system, that is one that meets the
condorcet criterion.

look
if 5 people vote:
1. ffmpeg foundation
2. ffmedia
3  ffm.org
4  omf
5  ffmf

and 1 person votes
1 ffmedia

ffmedia would win
this is broken

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates