[FFmpeg-devel] libx264 (no-)mbtree parameter

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Fri Dec 4 21:44:52 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Erik Slagter <erik at slagter.name> wrote:
>> What is "the old code"?
>
> The mb-tree is "new" code, something like a year ago it was added,
> before that, -no-mbtree was "default" because there actually was no
> mb-tree code ;-) I recall it being added as experimental but it seems
> it's mainline now.

It was never "experimental"; it was always default after it was committed.

x264 has received many performance improvements in the past year, so
clearly it will be faster today than it used to be--even with MB-tree.

Dark Shikari