[FFmpeg-devel] Intel IPP H264 encoder

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Fri Dec 4 01:15:09 CET 2009

> Results (on my "standard" Beyonce video (320*240, WMV2 encoded, has 10
> seconds of no video in front, which is my quick thumb test on a/v sync):

So you do an encoding quality test by using a highly lossy source?  Is
this some kind of joke?

> Tested compare
>
> o) X264, snapshot-20091017-2245, build 77, MingW compiled
> o) Intel IPP 6.1 H264, libs 5.1 (my license), Intel compiler 11 compiled.
>
> Encoded as base profile, level 13, no b frames (I know, but that's the ipod
> format and most people seem to encode for that).
>
> o) X264: 2.32 seconds (mean average on 5 runs)
> o) Intel IPP: 2.25 seconds (mean average on 5 runs)

Settings?  Samples?  Input?  Output?  There's zero information in your post.

> is that it is thus possible to build a full LGPL dll version of FFMpeg
> with H264/Xvid encoding supported. No excuse for anyone to fail GPL.

So instead of GPL, we should use a proprietary encoder?  Talk about
out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I'm quite sure that IPP is not licensed under the LGPL, especially
given that you talk about "your license" of it.

Dark Shikari