[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code participation

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann
Wed Apr 8 17:25:39 CEST 2009

Michael Niedermayer schrieb:

> you move variables from the context into local variables, the code does not
> look like the values become irrelevant after the function ...

The VideoState is a typdef within ffplay.
The attributes .audio_pkt_data and .audio_pkt_size are used nowhere else
than inside this function (and I also grep'ed every file in the code
tree not to miss some dirty tricks...).
They can be deleted from the VideoState struct without consequences.

The following patch does this and everything work (compiling, testing
with a movie file... make test seems to be broken at the moment but not
caused by my issues)

Otherwise, it is a strange problem... in that case, where they are used
after the function or what breaks?

TB