[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-user] Remuxing for the PS3

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Apr 3 21:55:08 CEST 2009

On 4/3/2009 12:06 PM, John Lange wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 11:00 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>
>> "tsmuxing" is not "off topic", If you encounter problems, you are free
>> to report them to roundup providing exact cases to reproduce the problem.
>
> The point of the original posting was essentially; "How do we generate a
> test case that reliably reproduces the problems in ffmpeg so we can
> either fix them or report them as bugs." Seems on-topic to me.

Usage problem is different than _code_ problem IMHO. We are aware of
problems related to ts muxing.

What you can do to help is to analyze the code and try to fix it, to pay
someone to fix it for you, or to wait for someone to volunteer to fix it
for you.

"TsMuxer" usage is clearly off-topic on ffmpeg-devel.

>> ffmpeg-devel mailing list is about FFmpeg _development_, therefore code
>> and patches.
>
> Ah right.. This explains the 100+ message thread you personally
> participated in on the virtues of LGPL vs. GPL... ?

Yes, this discussion was about one _patch_, and subsequent problems
related to the license of this _code_.

If you provide a patch for dealing with the "ts muxing" issues, we will
gladly review it and discuss it on ffmpeg-devel.

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no