[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-user] Remuxing for the PS3

Robert Swain robert.swain
Fri Apr 3 21:33:33 CEST 2009

On 3/4/09 19:00, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> On 4/3/2009 7:54 AM, John Lange wrote:

>>> This is clearly off topic on this mailing list.
>> Trying to diagnose what ffmpeg is doing wrong with regard to  is off
>> topic for the ffmpeg developer list? I guess that explains why ffmpeg
>> tsmuxing is broken; it's "off topic".
>>

> "tsmuxing" is not "off topic", If you encounter problems, you are free
> to report them to roundup providing exact cases to reproduce the problem.
>
> ffmpeg-devel mailing list is about FFmpeg _development_, therefore code
> and patches. Discussing the _usage_ is meant to be done here but in
> ffmpeg-user or libav-user.

I would agree, but I think the line of what is considered development
discussion in this case is a little fuzzy.

On the FFmpeg-user list, I fear such discussion about ts muxing issues
may get lost or not receive the attention of the audience it demands.

Rather than arguing about whether it's on- or off-topic, why don't we
try to figure out what is wrong with ts muxing with regard to the files
being demuxed on the PS3? If it is insisted upon, this could move back
to FFmpeg-user.

A good start would be to have a sample ts file or so that is (/are)
known to be working on a PS3 and a sample file that is known to be not
working on a PS3 and the attention of someone who knows something about ts.

Regards,
Rob