[FFmpeg-devel] questions on live streaming of h.264 in a FLV container

Raymond Peck rpeck
Wed Sep 3 22:00:44 CEST 2008

> x264's policy on IDR frames is that all I-frames are IDR frames unless
> there is a scenecut triggered after less than "min-keyint" frames
> after the previous IDR frame, in which case a non-IDR I-frame is used
> instead.

Ah, excellent.  Thanks for filling in that piece of the puzzle!
So far my test video has been pretty static, so I assume I'm
getting no non-IDR I-frames.  I'll go search how to set min-keyint to
1, which I assume will assure that I get no non-IDR I-frames.

Thanks!