[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Alternative way of generating dependencies

François Revol revol
Tue Oct 28 00:55:59 CET 2008

> Hi,
>
> While I was catching up with the ffmpeg-devel mailinglist yesterday,
> stumbled upon a thread about suncc's dependency generation. As every
> compiler seems to act slightly different, I thought about a more
> generic
> way to generate dependencies and came up with the following solution
> (see
> attached patch). It's not meant for direct inclusion in SVN and
> perhaps
> needs some work to integrate nicely into the current build system,
> hence
> the [RFC] in the subject.
>
> It has been tested and works correctly with the following compilers
> and
> preprocessors:
>
> gcc -E		(GNU, versions 3.4.6 and 4.2.3)

Did you try with 2.95? Yes, some people still do (and must) use it.
I suppose -E should work even there but it'd need some testing...

You might want to match for ^# on sed, to only get # at beginning of
lines.

Fran?ois.