[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH Fix SSE core-dumps when decoding AAC on optimized ffmpeg with shared libraries compiled under Mingw (win32)

Art Clarke aclarke
Thu Oct 23 01:21:43 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Ramiro Polla <ramiro.polla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Art Clarke <aclarke at vlideshow.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Ramiro Polla <ramiro.polla at gmail.com> wrote:
> From your message, it's still not clear if it's a bug that only
> depends on gcc, or if it also depends on binutils. Also the gcc
> versions affected aren't checked for. Did you test with the official
> 2.95.3, 3.4.5, 4.2.1, and 4.3.0 from MinGW? Your patch would affect
> all of them, and future versions as well.
see my reply to Diego and sorry for leaving that out.  i did not test
2.95.3 and 3.4.5.  I did test 4.2.1 and 4.3.2.  4.3.0 failed for me
for other (unrelated) reasons.  I can't easily test 3.4.5 or 2.95.3,
so if someone else has those I think that's help tracking this down.

> And "latest mingw runtime" is irrelevant. I assume "win32 library"
> means w32api, in that case it's also irrelevant. Such explanations can
> mislead someone looking for the exact cause.
you are right; it's  independent of that.