[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH Fix SSE core-dumps when decoding AAC on optimized ffmpeg with shared libraries compiled under Mingw (win32)

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Wed Oct 22 23:11:33 CEST 2008

> * it also moves where the uninitialized variables live from the common
> section to the .bss section, and gcc can remember alignment of
> non-common sections, so that's the nature of the fix.

There's a problem with that which I encountered during x264
development: apparently on MinGW, .bss is not guaranteed to be 16-byte
aligned.  This caused crashes in x264 until we solved the problem by
padding the array which caused the crash with a single "1" at the end
to force gcc to place it outside of .bss.

Dark Shikari