[FFmpeg-devel] Problem with cross compilation / need?guidance?for patch submission

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez
Mon Oct 13 23:31:27 CEST 2008

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:50:39 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> True for libfaac. Not quite the same for libmp3lame because  _cdecl
>> must be changed into __cdecl. Touching that can break other compilers.
>
> Which compilers can break?

English mistake, 'could' should have been used. I wanted to say there was
a possibility for more breakage with another compiler that libmp3lame/
libfaac is supposed to support. No hard science here, just a supposition.

> What do you want me to do?  I cannot commit to FAAC...

Well commiting to ffmpeg a temporary fix could have helped your users/
developer base to maintain local fixes until upstream libs get fixed.

But forget about it, i'll send patches to the upstream libs.

At least now you know you can get such reports and you'll know the reason.

Thanks for your advises, they're much appreciated.

--
Edouard Gomez