[FFmpeg-devel] asm vs __asm__: revenge of the underscores

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Tue Oct 7 01:00:36 CEST 2008

Hi!

Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? <flameeyes <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Out of curiosity: Where/how does it fail for you? I can compile ffmpeg's asm
> > code with gcc, icc and Sun cc.
>
> Which Sun compiler do you use? I'm using sunc99 to explicitly ask C99
> support...

I'm using cc, I hadn't seen c99 before.
What are the advantages?
It fails for the same files, and it needs a patch to remove all #warning
directives from ffmpeg (and this patch), doesn't it?
How do you silence "warning: "__asm__" is an extension of ANSI C"?

Carl Eugen