[FFmpeg-devel] Fix ffmpeg -re behaviour

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Nov 26 22:55:10 CET 2008

Hi,

Stefano Sabatini wrote:
[...]
>> ohh well, fine, lets fix the -re hack but please use pts instead of next_pts
>> unless that works less well.
>
> As long as I've tested it, they seem to work the same, there is an
> initial delay on the receiving end, with RTP streaming all the first
> packets seem to be sent too lately so ffplay first hangs then runs
> until the frames are again in synch (all this lasts for few seconds, I
> think it was the same without the fix).

I tested your latest patch, and it seems to work fine. I'd like to know
something more about this problem you are seeing (but I do not think it
is related to this patch): are you using mpeg4 (or h.264) video? Maybe
without global headers? In this case, can you try adding "-vglobal 1"?
I suspect this delay is due to the probing functions in libav{format,
codec}.

				Luca