[FFmpeg-devel] donation for snow

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Nov 7 01:39:45 CET 2008

Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
>> Do you have any comparision data ? I would, too, be interested in having
>> these comparisions, also knowing which jp2k encoder was used, test
>> material, etc...
>
> I remember being linked to a paper on the topic a while back which had
> the numbers I was using (though I don't remember them exactly).
> However, I don't trust PSNR anyways, and if you wanted to do a real
> comparison, I would say that a visual test would be the only one worth
> bothering with.

I understand, what puzzles me is that D-Cinema guys, who are know to be
really picky about picture quality (choosing 12 bit XYZ is a thing),
chose jp2k over other codecs, having done many extensive visual tests
(they don't trust PSNR, Im not sure they care about it).

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no