[FFmpeg-devel] Adding .rc files for win32

Jeremy Kolb jkolb
Thu May 15 21:40:04 CEST 2008

Jeremy Kolb wrote:

> Jeremy Kolb wrote:
>> Jeremy Kolb wrote:

>> Ramiro,
>>
>> The patch helps imensely.  I think I have it mostly working except
>> for the dependency on version.h.  Wherever I put $(SLIB_EXTRA_DEP) it
>> can't find the rule to make 'version.h'.  Where's the correct place
>> to put it?
>>
>> Jeremy

> Here's my version so far.  It's based mostly on the patch that you
> linked me to.  It doesn't work yet as I'm not sure where
> SLIB_EXTRA_DEP and SLIB_EXTRA_OBJS goes in the makefiles.
>
> Jeremy
My problem seems to be the version.h rule.  If I move it to subdir.mak
or common.mak then if I am in a subdirectory everything is fine and I
get the dll with the resource in it and life is great.  However if I
start make from the root directory I get a bunch of "common.mak:11:
warning: ignoring old commands for target `version.h'", and eventually
the make fails.  I think the rule for version.h needs to not be in
Makefile so it works when building in a subdirectory but I'm not sure
where to put it.  Any help?

Jeremy