[FFmpeg-devel] Regression tests fail on MinGW

Ramiro Polla ramiro
Thu May 1 23:12:19 CEST 2008

Ramiro Polla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Regression tests fail on MinGW since r11142. I've been procrastinating
> to find the cause for an incredible amount of time.
>
> The problem is that strtod() on Windows doesn't like hex strings. When
> av_get_string() was used instead of av_get_double(), it would pass hex
> strings to av_set_string() (which uses av_strtod(), which uses strtod())
> for FF_OPT_TYPE_FLAGS. So -flags +bitexact wasn't doing anything, and
> hence the tests fail.
>
> This should be fixed on MinGW, and I sent a message about it on [0].

MinGW exports a C99-compliant version of strtod, but it has two
underscores before the name. Attached patch can be used by MinGW users
for the moment for mingw-runtime-3.14 before it is fixed in their end.

Ramiro Polla