[FFmpeg-devel] Regression tests fail on MinGW

Ramiro Polla ramiro
Thu May 1 20:32:34 CEST 2008

Hello,

Regression tests fail on MinGW since r11142. I've been procrastinating
to find the cause for an incredible amount of time.

The problem is that strtod() on Windows doesn't like hex strings. When
av_get_string() was used instead of av_get_double(), it would pass hex
strings to av_set_string() (which uses av_strtod(), which uses strtod())
for FF_OPT_TYPE_FLAGS. So -flags +bitexact wasn't doing anything, and
hence the tests fail.

This should be fixed on MinGW, and I sent a message about it on [0].

I haven't checked, but I assume this doesn't affect Cygwin, because it
reimplements almost everything to be compliant.

By the way, am I the only one running make test on MinGW and actually
caring about the result? Doesn't anyone else that distributes builds do
this?

Ramiro Polla
[0] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/26356