[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] AAC decoder
Thu Jun 19 13:53:14 CEST 2008
2008/6/13 Robert Swain <robert.swain at gmail.com>:
> 2008/6/12 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
>> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 01:26:55AM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
>>> 2008/6/2 Robert Swain <robert.swain at gmail.com>:
>>> > You'll be happy to know that I'm working on flattening the channel element
>>> > structs (sce_struct, cpe_struct, cc_struct) into one (che_struct). When I
>>> > submit the patch, I expect it will take an iteration or two to be clean
>>> > enough to commit but it has simplified a lot of the code so far. :) There
>>> > will also be some considerations about whether to dynamically allocate some
>>> > things if they're too large to be allocated with every channel element.
>>> See attached. It's a rather large patch and I tried to make it clean
>>> (not affecting indentation, etc. as I went along) but maybe you will
>>> want it to be split into a number of commits somehow. I don't know
>>> whether it will be particularly beneficial but the simplifications
>>> resulting from the changes to the structs could be committed
>>> separately. It's been tested with stereo and 5.1 files and seems to be
>>> working fine. Comments welcome.
>> Id like it split in a number of patches first.
>> * changing the 4 different structs to 1 array of the same struct
>> * code simplifications
>> * indention fixup to otherwise unchanged lines
>> being a possibility
> See attached.
> Note that I ordered the elements of the che_struct such that the
> cpe_struct code didn't need to be changed until removal of cpe_struct
> was desirable. I hope these are OK. :)
More information about the ffmpeg-devel