[FFmpeg-devel] Contract offer for implementing decoding functionality for interlaced AVCHD (5000 Euro + optional 1000 Euro Bonus)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Jun 1 17:19:29 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 02:59:06PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:
>
> > Hm... I did not yet test FFmpeg, but
> > mplayer sony-hdr-cx-6-avchd-1080i-9-seconds.mts -speed 0.5 -demuxer lavf
> > plays it in-sync for me (the -speed 0.5 is only because my PC is too
> > slow to play at full speed).
> > Could someone possibly verify that this is true and not just because my
> > MPlayer is full of half-finished hacks?
>
> It is true due to -correct-pts being the standard for demuxer lavf.
> I reported the problem occasionally on irc and at least once to Michael, and
> posted a very useful patch to fix it for MPlayers demuxer;-)
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2007-October/054452.html

Wow, this is really messed up: when both fields are one packet, the
H.264 decoder will not decode at all. When each field is in a different
packet it decodes, but at least the ffmpeg.c timestamp calculation
messes up completely. Or at least something like that.
AFAICT there is no problem in the H.264 decoder itself though, at least not in
this case.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger