[FFmpeg-devel] Contract offer for implementing decoding functionality for interlaced AVCHD (5000 Euro + optional 1000 Euro Bonus)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Sun Jun 1 16:59:06 CEST 2008

Hi!

Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> Hm... I did not yet test FFmpeg, but
> mplayer sony-hdr-cx-6-avchd-1080i-9-seconds.mts -speed 0.5 -demuxer lavf
> plays it in-sync for me (the -speed 0.5 is only because my PC is too
> slow to play at full speed).
> Could someone possibly verify that this is true and not just because my
> MPlayer is full of half-finished hacks?

It is true due to -correct-pts being the standard for demuxer lavf.
I reported the problem occasionally on irc and at least once to Michael, and
posted a very useful patch to fix it for MPlayers demuxer;-)
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2007-October/054452.html

Does somebody meanwhile know of an mp4 or mkv sample? I don't know when I
searched last time.

Carl Eugen