[FFmpeg-devel] Stream selection - how to?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jul 3 16:49:44 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 10:34:09AM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > First explain what stream relations you are talking about and vs. what
> > other non relations it has to be distinguished from.
> >
> > We have AVProgram to seperate unrelated stream bundles. We have
> > disposition, language, codec.bitrate/width/height/sample_rate/CODEC_TYPE_*
> > to seperate the streams within such a stream bundle.
>
> I'm talking about related (so not DVB-like bundles as in AVProgram)
> streams, such as a RTSP/MMS stream with different codecs/bitrates.
>

> Let's start with this one: how do I select language W or bitrate
> X(k)bps-Y(k)bps or codec Z in ffplay (regardless of input)

v and a keys in theory ... i dunno if that works though, also it is badly
lacking some feedback about what is available and what is selected ...

> or using
> the libavformat API?

for(i=0; i<s->nb_streams; i++)
    if(!memcmp(s->streams[i]->language, W))
        break;

for(i=0; i<s->nb_streams; i++)
    if(s->streams[i]->codec.codec_id == Z)
        break;

Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into
despotisms. -- Aristotle