[FFmpeg-devel] How to handle compiler warnings

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Tue Jan 29 12:02:16 CET 2008

Hi,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> The topic has come up again, it's time to discuss the subject.  I
> propose to try to avoid compiler warnings as much as possible in order
>
> - have cleaner code,
> - have important warnings not be drowned out,
> - make FFmpeg a programming textbook.
>
> This does not include warning fixes that slow things down or obfuscate
> the code, but if in doubt I personally would err on the side of fixing
> the warning.

I wholeheartedly support this and I agree that it must not slow down the
code.

If this reaches an agreement:
How should we proceed ? People jumping in and fixing them at sight, or
maintainers taking care of their files ?

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312