[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] possible API for opening external demuxer references

Gabriel Forté gforte
Wed Feb 27 14:44:05 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 02:38:08PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> currently just a flag probably is good enough, but in case someone is
> interested in taking things further (maybe even as a way to implement
> general playlist support in lavf, including rules like "internet
> playlists can only reference internet files and vice versa"?) here is
> a first idea of a possible API.
> Probably it makes little sense without actually implementing things to
> actually see how suitable it is, but since I already got that far...

Hi,

it may seem a bit irrelevant here (and other problems need to be
adressed as well), but I've been thinking for a while about a similar thing
to open auxiliary streams such as external subtitles files
(SRT, vob/idx, whatever, ...), to be able to get their frames
synchronized with the streams contained in the main file.

currently I'm doing this as a hack completely external to libavformat,
by fiddling with AVFormatContext->streams (quite dirty).

would it be relevant to discuss that in this thread ?

cheers,

--
Gabriel Fort? <gforte at wyplay.com>