[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2008

Andreas Setterlind gamester17
Tue Feb 26 13:54:40 CET 2008

On 2/26/08, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Can you enumerate specific tasks along these lines?
> >
> > I was think of basically just SSE4 versions of the existing MMX, SSE,
> > SSE2, and SSE3 optimizations, such as:
> > - Motion Compensation
> > - iDCT
> > - QPel
> > - iDWT
> > - MDCT and iMDCT
> > etc.
>
> is the task for the student supposed to be to read the existing optimizations
> and then figure out if any SSE4 instructions could be used to improve them?

Yes that is what I really meant, only as a qualification task mind
you, (which specific code would be up to the student/students to
choose for themselves, leaving a little flexibility and opportunity to
show that they can take personal initiative).