[FFmpeg-devel] Stream h264 with FEC

Yohann Martineau yohann.martineau
Tue Feb 19 16:05:11 CET 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 3:32 PM, Fce.Valeins <fce.valeins at libertysurf.fr> wrote:

> >Luca Abeni a ?crit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Fce.Valeins wrote:
> >> I have upload a sample file h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw in the ftp
> >> server upload.mplayerhq.hu.
> >
> > Since I see the word "rtp" in it, I am interested in this sample...
> > But I do not know how to access samples stored in upload.mplayerhq.hu
> > (I tried to log on the ftp server and to do a "get
> h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw",
> > but it did not work). Is there a standard procedure to get such samples?
>
> You can download it here http://www.zshare.net/download/781125504afb51/
>

> >> This sample it's a dump stream of the iptv of Livebox in France with
> >> this command line :
> >>
> >> mplayer rtp://@232.0.1.17:8200 -dumpstream -dumpfile
> >> h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw
> >
> > Dummy question: what does this command do? Just remove the RTP headers
> > and save the payloads in h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw? Does mplayer try
> > to check if packets are missed, by looking at the counter in the RTP
> > header?
>
> I don't know, I'm a newbie and it's the only way to save a stream that I
> know

you should probably sniff your network using wireshark and provide the full
capture file. Thus rtp headers will be available, because, as luca
mentioned, I think that mplayer extracts RTP payloads and dump them in the
file.
I don't think that mplayer checks if packets are missed looking at RTP
headers. To be verified.

> >> When I read (ffplay or mplayer svn) this file I have some artifacts
> >> especially when there are movements.
> >
> > This generally happens when there are lost packets (movements increase
> > the bitrate, increasing the packet loss probability). But I am just
> > guessing...
> >

> >> The stream of the Livebox is now broadcast in rtp h264 with a
> correction
> >> FEC.
> >
> > I guess it is a TS with H.264 video in the video PID, right?

yes