[FFmpeg-devel] Stream h264 with FEC

Fce.Valeins fce.valeins
Tue Feb 19 16:57:22 CET 2008

Yohann Martineau a ?crit :
> On Feb 19, 2008 3:32 PM, Fce.Valeins <fce.valeins at libertysurf.fr> wrote:
>
>>> Luca Abeni a ?crit :
>>> Hi all,

>>> Since I see the word "rtp" in it, I am interested in this sample...
>>> But I do not know how to access samples stored in upload.mplayerhq.hu
>>> (I tried to log on the ftp server and to do a "get
>> h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw",
>>> but it did not work). Is there a standard procedure to get such samples?
>> You can download it here http://www.zshare.net/download/781125504afb51/

>>> Dummy question: what does this command do? Just remove the RTP headers
>>> and save the payloads in h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw? Does mplayer try
>>> to check if packets are missed, by looking at the counter in the RTP
>>> header?
>> I don't know, I'm a newbie and it's the only way to save a stream that I
>> know
>

> you should probably sniff your network using wireshark and provide the full
> capture file. Thus rtp headers will be available, because, as luca
> mentioned, I think that mplayer extracts RTP payloads and dump them in the
> file.

Thanks, I have download wireshark and for rtp it use rtpdump. What is
the best format for dump rtp with rtpdump ?
In the help of rtpdump I have the choice between

format : hex|ascii|rtcp|short|payload|dump|header

Usage: ./rtpdump [-F [hex|ascii|rtcp|short|payload|dump|header] [-t
minutes] [-o outputfile] [-f inputfile] [-x bytes] [multicast]/port > file

Tonight I will try the dump format of rtpdump tool

Regards

Senufo