[FFmpeg-devel] AVCHD framerate/preview problem

Jean-Michel Pouré jm
Tue Dec 30 10:19:27 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 16:57 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> I belive there are people who tried 1. and 2. but we have not heared
> of
> any of them again, i suspect they all went insane after finding out
> how
> timestamps work in H.264

I switched the state of AVCHD camcorders to unsupported in Kdenlive
supported database. Example: Canon HG10 and Canon HF11. It is a pitty
that so much is done around AVCHD and timestamps do not work. I know
this is probably because Camcorder do not manage timestamps well.

Is there a way to copy h264 into mpeg-2 I frames only. Even this does
not produce a workable file. Time is twice as expected.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel