[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia patch

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sun Aug 24 22:14:42 CEST 2008

Hi Ronald,

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
>> (BTW: I am reading
>> the "rtp" part of your patch and... It does not look like RTP at all!
>> So, why not calling this file "rdt.c"?)
>
> Not sure how that name started, I think it's to be in line with the
> dynamic protocol handler in rtp_h264.c

Well, rtp_h264.c is handling the H.264 payload for RTP packets...
So, I believe the name makes sense, because it is related to RTP.

> (the original content of
> rtp_rm.c was just the RDT-specific part of dynamic protocol handling).

The problem is that, as far as I can see, rtp_rm.c has nothing to do
with RTP... So, I think the code could be simpler if implemented without
using the RTP framework. Of course I might be wrong: trying to
understand a protocol by looking at wireshark traces and at the code
is not too simple (everything would be simpler if RDT was documented).

			Luca