[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia patch

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sun Aug 24 21:52:40 CEST 2008

Hi Ronald,

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
[...]
> ... Well I guess I can do smaller parts. :-). But yes, for stream
> selection we'll eventually need it. I suppose there's various ways to
> do stream-selection, but I think this one is rdt/rm-specific, so I'd
> like to have it in rtp_rm.c

Of course I agree that it should be in rtp_rm.c (BTW: I am reading
the "rtp" part of your patch and... It does not look like RTP at all!
So, why not calling this file "rdt.c"?)

> and then calling it from within the sdp
> line handler that tells us the number of stream rules seems best...

Maybe... But then no AVStream should be created when parsing the "m="
line.

> I'm open for other (better) approaches

My current opinion is that the sdp line handler should just save
some data in the rdt structure, and then rtp_parse_open() should
call some rdt-specific initialization function that uses the
saved data to create all the needed AVStreams.

			Luca