[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia patch

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sat Aug 23 06:51:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
> Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> [...]
>> The attached patch changes the prototype for parse_sdp_a_line() and
>> adds the else case as per above.
>
> I am still not convinced that changing the parse_sdp_a_line() prototype
> is a good idea... Why do you need this change? Your rtsp-realmedia.patch
> does not contain it...
>
> Yes, I know that it is needed for the "stream selection" patch, but
> let's discuss about that patch later, and let's start from the less
> controversial parts... ;-)

... Well I guess I can do smaller parts. :-). But yes, for stream
selection we'll eventually need it. I suppose there's various ways to
do stream-selection, but I think this one is rdt/rm-specific, so I'd
like to have it in rtp_rm.c, and then calling it from within the sdp
line handler that tells us the number of stream rules seems best...

I'm open for other (better) approaches. New patch will come later, I'm
not at home right now.

Ronald