[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Should Michael Nidermayer follow his own rules

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Aug 18 08:58:47 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 08:39:19AM +0200, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 06:34:33PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Something I'd like clarified, is whether Michael Nidermayer should
> > follow the same rules he sets for others.
>
> Of course, but I think most of us have been a bit too quick at some time,

You are taking this far too seriously.  The point here is that MN can be
an incredible perfectionist himself (and demand the same level of
perfecionism from others) in things he cares about, while at the same
time being very sloppy with things he cares less about.  This
discrepancy sometimes makes dealing with MN difficult.  Since he deals
out sarcasm in mails or commit messages himself, he will sometimes have
to swallow a bit of his own medicine.  That's all.

Diego