[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Multiple inclusion guards in headers

Diego Biurrun diego
Sun Aug 17 21:27:02 CEST 2008

Ooops, slipped a finger and sent to early..

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 09:15:30PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 07:37:02PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 06:27:45PM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
> > > 2008/8/17 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> > > [The beginning of another potential flame war]
> > >
> > > Michael, do you really want to have the burden of flame wars on top of
> > > reviewing code right now? I was hoping nothing would flare up for your
> > > sake so you didn't feel compelled to deal with such but you seem to
> > > now be starting it yourself...
> >
> > Sorry but if i commit code with a clear notice that it will be cleaned
> > up ASAP and diego replies with nothing more than
> > "(sigh)"
>
> I replied because of the license headers, not because of the inclusion
> guards, the lack of which I did in fact overlook.
>
> Nothing is gained by committing rubbish intermediate versions to the
> repository and the license headers remain unfixed, so your "cleanup
> ASAP" argument does not hold water.
>
> > then i really think you are now complaining to the wrong person about
> > starting something
>
> Look, you threatened Vladimir with stopping to review his patches, when
> he submitted *working* but suboptimal code.  If you want to be elitist,
> perfectionist, nitpickish

If you want to be elitist, perfectionist, nitpickish, fine.  But at
least be consistent and do not just follow the rules you care about
while showing blatant disregard for the ones you do not care about.

You are the project leader here, lead with a good example.

Diego