[FFmpeg-devel] Delay Calculation Regression

Daniel G. Taylor dan
Thu Aug 14 15:49:46 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 05:37 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:32:49PM -0400, Daniel G. Taylor wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 01:01 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 03:23:48PM -0400, Daniel G. Taylor wrote:
> > > r13470 is correct, the problem is likely that there is no AVParser for
> > > vc-1.
> > > patch is welcome
> >
> > I'm fairly new to ffmpeg development, but there appears to be a parser
> > for vc-1 in libavcodec/vc1_parser.c, specifically an AVCodecParser is
> > defined starting on line 111. If that isn't what is needed, could you
> > point me to some documentation or maybe give me a quick overview of how
> > the parsers work to help me jump in and write a patch?
>
> ive fixed it i think ...
> (and it would have been a wmv3 parser ...)

Just tested it and it works great! Thanks.

I still don't fully understand the parser thing but I thought that vc-1
and wmv3 are essentially one and the same (and the vc-1 parser says it
is for vc-1/wmv3 in the comments).

> > Don't you think it would be a good idea to hold off on changes that
> > break current files until the various codecs and parsers have been
> > updated to make sure they work with those changes?
>
> yes, if iam the allmighty and know all consequences of every change then
> it surely would be reasonable. It seems you think i am

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend, I figured there was some testing
framework in place but working with video software myself I know how
difficult it is to find these bugs. Thanks again, it is appreciated.

Take care,
--
Daniel G. Taylor
http://programmer-art.org