[FFmpeg-devel] question about MG1264!

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev
Wed Apr 23 03:01:51 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:11 PM, bun bun <binhlh86 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear,
>  I have read your product and I find that we have some in common.
>  Firstly,I intend to use the MG1264 H.264 Video Coprocessor to encode and decode video sequence based on H.264 CODEC.
>  Secondly,I also develop our product on linux kernel.
>  But the biggest difficulty existing at the moment is that we can not have the datasheet of the processor,
>  therefor I will be very grateful if you share the datasheet.Please send it to me!
>  Thank you indeed!
>  Binh.
>
>  We (Linux Media Labs) are looking into development of MPEG4 part 10
>  (H264)codec (full duplex) PCI card for Linux based on MG1264 chip. This
>  will be 100% hardware audio and video real-time coder/decoder board.
>
>  We managed to get agreement with chip vendor that allows us to
>  distribute linux kernel device drivers under GNU/GPL license for Linux
>  products based on MG1264 chip.

Aren't you supposed to get the Coprocessor Datasheet as part of the
agreement with the chip vendor? There is no point of making it
otherwise.

I can't understand what makes you think that we may have the datasheet
of the cocpu? Either it is freely available or somebody got it under
NDA that forbids sharing.

It may be rude from my side, but your mail just says "I'm clueless".
This is not the correct mail list for getting a clue.

You most probably have no idea who we are and what are we doing. I bet
you send this mail 15 minutes after you found this project in google.
Oh, btw, we don't have h264 encoder yet, x264 does the encoding.