[FFmpeg-devel] h264 and Spatial direct Mode, how can I help ?

Morfsta morfsta
Sun Apr 13 15:27:23 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Fce.Valeins <fce.valeins at libertysurf.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since svn r11806 and the support mbaff spatial direct I can view
> broadcast with PAFF and spatial direct mode without core dump. But I
> have many artifacts, especially when there are movements, as describe in
> the thread "Stream h264 with FEC".
>
> You have a sample of video here :
>
> http://www.zshare.net/download/781125504afb51/
>
> I'm a newbie in h264 specs but let me help to eliminate these artifacts.
>
> What needs to be tested to identify the origin of these artifacts ?
>

> What is the best way to start ?
>
> Regards
>
> Senufo

Senufo,

I'm sorry to say that this has been brought up many times on the list
by a lot of different people - it seems like the devs aren't
interested in fixing the problem and implementing H264 decoding to the
spec. It is a real shame as many people want to use native linux libs
to view H264 streams and DVB channels. I think if spatial direct was
fixed up properly we'd be almost there.

I took some of my time out to find, record and upload samples of the
problem but then all subsequent mailings etc were just ignored. :-(

Sorry to sound defeatist, but don't expect any help or support anytime soon.

Regards,

Morfsta