[FFmpeg-devel] Searching for a ffmpeg BCLO (bastard chief legal officer)

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Apr 10 12:34:53 CEST 2008

Sorry Mike, this slipped through the cracks...

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 01:07:37PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > P.S.: The SFLC also provides other services, like the Software Freedom
> > Conservancy, which we might want to look into in the future:
> >
> > http://conservancy.softwarefreedom.org/
> >
> > But that's for the future, the license violations are the most pressing
> > issue.
>
> Great. Do you have the attention of someone over there?

I spoke with Dan Ravicher, I guess he would be the best first point of
contact.

> Can you ask if they are interested in taking on FFmpeg as a fiscal
> sponsorship? I can't get any reaction from the various organizations
> I've asked.

I guess they would welcome us in the conservancy.  IIUC this includes
things like fiscal sponsorship.  Have you read through the fine print on
the page linked to above?

Diego